Entertainment and Ticketing Privacy Notice
The information you need to know about us
We are BH Live a company limited by guarantee and registered charity.
We have a wholly owned trading subsidiary BH Live Enterprises.
Our company registration numbers are:
BH Live 07092112
BH Live Enterprises 07175626
BH Live VAT registration number 108 2248 37
Our charity number is 1138311
Our company is registered at Bournemouth International Centre, Exeter Road, Bournemouth BH2 5BH
In this Privacy Notice we have tried to explain in a clear, open and honest way how we collect, use and share your information safely and not doing anything you wouldn’t reasonable expect.
To assist we will where possible use a variety of techniques to present privacy information to you.
We aim to give you greater choice and control where appropriate over how your personal data is used.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information in a number of ways to:
Provide you with the service or information you’ve requested.
Handle the administration of your BH live Tickets account. We will contact you regarding any essential changes to your ticket purchase, the service or on behalf of the event promoter if an event is cancelled or rescheduled.
Contact you with appropriate marketing messages where you have given us permission to do so.
Ensure we contact you based on your preferences depending on the permission you have given us this may be by post, email, telephone, SMS, social media or via a mobile application.
Seek feedback from you following a visit to one of our venues or following the use of our services. Your feedback allows us to improve our website, products, facilities and services.
Pass your details when required over to the Health & Safety Executive, and where appropriate our insurers and our solicitors should you be involved in an accident or incident whilst on our premises or when taking part in one of our events or activities.
Improve our website and the range of services and products we provide.
Keep a record of your relationship with us.
We do not use automated profiling of personal data to evaluate certain things about an individual.
When liaising with credible promoters in relation to an event, your data may be shared for administrative purposes. Promoters may also request that you are offered the opportunity to opt in to receive marketing specifically from them at the point of purchase. With these scenarios, your data will be protected and sent securely.
If you enter a competition administered by BH Live, we will hold your entry details for the purpose of the competition. Once the competition has been closed and verified, your details will be disposed of.
Operate our venue car parks where we have installed a Vehicle Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) systemCCTV is in operation within our premises for
- Crime prevention and detection and the apprehension and prosecution of offenders
- Monitoring and collection of visual images for the purpose of maintaining the security of premises and for preventing and investigating crime
- The purpose of public safety
What personal information we hold about you?
We only ask you to supply information that we need in order to provide the service you have requested. We will normally ask you to provide us with:
- Your name
- Your contact details – email, phone numbers, postal address
But we may request other information where it’s appropriate and relevant, for example:
- Your title
- Your payment details
- Age or date of birth, where relevant to your participation in an event or activity and for age appropriate marketing
- How you would like us to contact you
- What type of marketing would you like to receive and how you would like to receive it
- Access Scheme eligibility information where relevant. This information is not stored
- Details of any accident or incident you may have been involved in whilst on our premises
- How you heard about offers, promotions and BH Live
- Vehicle registration number
Where we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you in several ways:
- via our websites when you purchase tickets; or when entering competitions.
- when you purchase tickets via our kiosks.
- when you contact our Contact Centre team by mail, phone, email, social media or live chat.
- when you complete one of our online, tablet or paper-based customer satisfaction surveys.
- when submitting an online enquiry form.
- when signing up to receive marketing communications online, in person or over the phone.
- when you submit an application for our Access Scheme.
- when you have used a social media platform to contact us – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Google+.
- if you have been in an accident or have been involved in an incident whilst attending an event or activity in one of our venues or centres.
- when you purchase a ticket from a credible ticket agency, for example Ticketmaster for an event held at a BH Live venue. This information will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have indicated consent. You should check their Privacy Notice when you provide your information to understand fully how they will process your data.
- like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our sites, and the user experience, better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet).
How we may use your personal information for marketing
We only use your personal information for marketing where you have positively opted in by giving unambiguous consent to do so or you have provided permission to other organisations to allow us to market to you, for example, via Facebook.
We rely on marketing to help improve our services and customer experiences and by using the information you provide us we are able to contact you with specific marketing messages based on your preferences. Depending on the permission you have given us this may be by post, email, telephone, SMS, social media or via a mobile application.
We understand that your circumstances change and you can easily withdraw the permissions you have given us, at any time either by using our contact details in this notice or by using the methods we tell you about in our communications e.g. the ‘unsubscribe’ link on our emails.
Our marketing communications include information about our latest on-sale announcements, the latest news, development information and promotions. If you would like to receive such communications but have not opted in please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not use automated profiling of personal data to evaluate certain things about an individual.
Who we share your data with
We do not share or sell your data to any other company for marketing purposes.
However, we utilise trusted suppliers in marketing solutions to administer services that you have agreed to receive, for example:
- mailing houses to despatch our promotions, magazine, letters and event advertising
- website hosting companies which we use to administer our website content
- a database company who support us in keeping all our records in order
As and when required we will share accident and incident information with the Health and Safety Executive, our insurers and our solicitors.
Track and Trace: We will collect your personal data to support the Government’s Track and Trace process in response to COVID-19 and also that the data will only be held for 28 days (21 days +7 days backup)
We also use trusted suppliers to help us with marketing:
- email service providers to send our emails and manage your marketing permissions
- mailing houses to send out marketing by post
- telemarketing agencies to contact you by phone or SMS
- an organisation which helps us keep your information accurate and up to date
- Some of our suppliers may operate outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This requires us to ensure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law, for example the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at locations outside the EEA.
- Under some circumstances we may be required to disclose or share your information without your consent, for example if we are required by the police, the courts or for other legal reasons.
How we keep your personal information up to date
BH Live has a legal obligation under data protection legislation to keep the personal information it collects accurate and up to date. Among other things, it helps us ensure that we do not contact you with inappropriate information and marketing messages.
We keep your information accurate by:
- giving you the opportunity at any time to contact us to correct or change your information.
- screening your name and postal address information against Royal Mail’s National Change of Address File: where you have given your permission to Royal Mail, we can either update our records with your new address or note you have moved so we don’t send anything to your old address.
- using information publicly available to us.
- if you contact our Customer Contact Centre we may ask you to confirm certain details.
- when we receive undelivered mail or emails.
It’s important for both you and us that your personal information is correct. If you believe this not to be the case then please e-mail the amended details to email@example.com and we will contact you to verify your identity
How we keep your personal information safe
We take our obligations to keep your personal data safe and secure very seriously.
Within BH Live, access to your personal information is strictly controlled on a ‘need to know’ basis. Staff members are only allowed access to your personal data if they have been sufficiently trained in data handling. We have specific technical controls in place to restrict access and these are monitored regularly.
Our website is also monitored and protected to prevent it from unauthorised access.
All personal data sent to our trusted suppliers is protected. In all cases we require these companies to comply strictly with our instructions and they are not allowed to use your information for their own business purposes. We also require these companies to have sufficient organisational and technical measures in place to ensure the security of your data.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep your personal information in line with our data retention policy. This means that we will remove data which has be collected directly from you from our systems if we haven’t had any direct contact with you for more than 36 months (this period typifies the maximum length of time that most of our customers buy tickets from us).
For data provided to us by our promoters, we are governed by their data retention rules as specified in their privacy notices.
In certain circumstances we have a statutory obligation to keep your personal information for a set period of time (normally six to seven years) and this mainly concerns financial information regarding your Gift Aid contributions.
If you unsubscribe from email marketing your information will be stored in our email service provider, Campaign Monitor’s suppression list. This is to ensure we do not send you communications that you have unsubscribed from. Should you further wish for us to remove your information entirely (and assuming we have no other obligation to keep it) then please let us know and we will do this - but we would encourage you to let us use it for suppression purposes only.
How you can find out about the information we hold about you
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us using the contact details in this privacy notice.
We will get in contact to verify your identity and if we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it.
- tell you why we are holding it.
- tell you who it could be shared with.
- let you have a concise and clear copy of the information.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Much of our processing will be under the basis of “contractual obligation” in other words we need and use your personal information for providing the services we offer or you have contracted with us for.
However when you have unambiguously opted in to receive information from us, our processing will be based on consent. Of course you will always have the opportunity to object as detailed below.
Asking us to suppress or remove your personal information
Should you wish to not receive information from us in future then you can quickly action this by clicking the unsubscribe link you will find on our marketing e-mails or by sending your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will quickly suppress your data.
Should you further wish for us to remove your information entirely (and assuming we have no other obligation to keep it) then please let us know and we will do this - but we would encourage you to let us use it for suppression purposes only.
For clarity Data Suppression refers to the removal of any unwanted records from a contact database.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you have a complaint please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com who will deal with your request promptly.
If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to UK Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Links to other websites
We link our website directly to other sites. This privacy notice does not cover the links within our site linking to other websites and organisations. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Merger or Integration of business
In the event that this business is merged or integrated with another business your details will be disclosed to the new company providing the services. This will ensure that you will continue to get your selected information updates and services provided to you.
Your use of our services
Please be sure you are aware of these policy terms while you use this website or one of our venues. Should our terms change these will be shown on this page and in our venues and we may place notices on other pages of the web site, so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times
Changes to this privacy notice
This Privacy Notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of BH Live’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed using the contact details in this policy.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on: 4 May 2018