We can't wait to welcome you to Fairfield Halls - here's how to find us.
We are located on Park Lane in the town centre.
Arriving by car
From central London: Take the A23 or A212
From Sutton or Bromley: Take the A232
From outside London: Follow the A23 from junction 7 of the M25
Accessible Parking: There are 8 parking spaces for blue badge holders in front of Fairfield Halls.
- Please note that the public realm in front of Fairfield Halls is subject to a Traffic Management Order, which prohibits public parking. Dropping off is permitted.
- There are eight disabled parking spaces located at the front of the building.
- A public car park is located to the rear of the venue. This car park is operated by RingGO on behalf of the London Borough of Croydon.
- Payment for parking may only be made via the RingGo App using a smartphone. Details of charges can be found on their website HERE
- The car park is not managed by Fairfield Halls or BH Live. However, if you are visiting the venue and encounter any difficulty using the app or payment process, please come inside and speak to a member of the front of house staff, who will do their best to assist you.
- Unfortunately it is not possible to enter the venue directly from the car park.
- Please be advised that our team are not able to assist with queries regarding penalty notices.
- Please always remember to remove all valuables from sight.
Arriving by bus
The following buses stop close by: 50, 60, 64, 75, 109, 119, 154, 166, 194, 197, 198, 250, 264, 312, 403, 405, 407, 410, 412, 455, 466 and 468.
Arriving by train
Nearest train stations: East Croydon or West Croydon
If you are walking from East Croydon, follow the orange signs on the pavement.
Arriving by tram
Nearest tram stops: East Croydon, George Street or Wellesley Road
If you are walking from East Croydon, follow the orange signs on the pavement.
Attending a show or event
We look forward to welcoming you to Fairfield Halls. For up to date event information and event running times (available a few days prior to the event), please visit the show event page on this website. Original tickets remain valid for rescheduled events unless advised. You can access your tickets via your online account.
- Tickets are emailed to you in advance of the show. Please have your etickets ready for inspection on arrival. They can be shown on your mobile device and there is no need to print them, although printed copies will be accepted.
- We operate bag checks as standard on arrival.
- To assist our staff and for faster entry to our venues, please do not bring large bags with you.
- We are a cashless venue so please use card or contactless payments when making a purchase.
How can I get to the venue?
Be sure to set aside plenty of time for your journey to the venue; Fairfield Halls has a car park located at the rear of the building.
Will I be able to buy refreshments?
Yes, our cafés and selected bars will be open for customers to purchase refreshments and snacks. Transactions in the venue will be cashless and paperless throughout our venues.
What should I bring?
Please keep your belongings to a minimum and with you at all times. Bag checks may be in operation.
How will my e-ticket work?
Your e-ticket will be emailed to you in advance of the show. E-tickets can be shown on your mobile device, there is no need to print your e-tickets (although printed copies will be accepted).A member of staff will scan your ticket upon entry so please have them ready for inspection.
What do I do if I haven't received my ticket(s)?
You can access your etickets from the My Account section of the website:
- Go to My Account
- Enter your log in details if you aren't already logged in
- Go to Upcoming Events
- Next to the required event click the "View Tickets" button
The on screen tickets can be shown on a mobile device when you arrive for the event.
Where can I stay?
Travelodge Croydon Central is a great budget-friendly option in the heart of the town. Just a 5 minutes walk away, the hotel is well-located for nearby shops, bars and restaurants. All standard double rooms feature a comfy king-size bed, and the on-site restaurant serves tasty breakfasts and evening meals. Room rooms start from £45.99, but early booking is advised to secure the best rates.
For other Travelodge hotels across London, click here.
We also have a printed venue guide, which can be picked up in venue.
Are your Box Offices open?
Our Box Office, located at the Fairfield Halls Welcome Desk, is generally open Tuesday - Saturday, 12 noon to 8pm. Our Box Office ticketing phone line is 0300 500 0595*. For this weeks phone line opening hours please visit Ways to book.
Which payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major debit/credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro), and BH Live Gift Vouchers. We do not currently accept American Express.
Do you sell or accept Theatre Tokens?
We only accept SOLT National Theatre Tokens by phone or in person for Fairfield Halls events. We sell our own BH Live Tickets Gift Vouchers, which can be as full or part payment for any shows that we sell, including external events outside of our own venues, online or by phone.
I was trying to buy multiple seats online, but the website would not let me book them
Sometimes there are only single seats available which would mean that your party would not be seated together. Try adding seats to your basket one at a time.
When I try to add tickets to the basket, a pop up tells me there is a single seat remaining
Unfortunately, we are unable to sell tickets that leave a single seat available. Please make another selection. Try selecting seats immediately next to an existing booking (greyed out seats).
Do you have seating plans of the venue?
What does "Restricted View" mean?
This applies to certain seats or seating areas where the sight line is obstructed, say by a handrail, or are positioned at a slightly obscuring angle to the stage. This is due to the diverse nature of our shows which can have complex layouts.
Which are the best seats?
This is a matter of personal preference.
At Fairfield Halls, the centre of the Stalls in the Ashcroft Playhouse and Concert Hall is usually the best view.
Our auditoria have raked seating meaning the seats are arranged on an upward slope away from the stage and get higher the further back in the auditorium you sit.
Please note, some customers (especially children) find the front rows of the Ashcroft require looking up to the stage.
We have booster seats available for children.
What is your child age policy?
- No Under 12s to stand
- Children of 12-13 years standing must be accompanied by an adult (ratio 1 adult to 4 children)
- Children of 14 years and over may stand without an accompanying adult at a parent's or guardian's discretion.
- There is no age restriction unless the event is advertised as unsuitable for certain ages, such as an X-rated comedian show.
- All children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult (ratio 1 adult to supervise a maximum of 10 children)
- Children of 14 years and over do not require an accompanying adult.
- Children under 2 will not be admitted to a performance unless it is identified as a children's show.
No tickets need to be purchased for children under 2 unless they intend to occupy a seat separately from the adult accompanying them. However, we reserve the right at our absolute discretion to direct patrons to remove a child under their supervision from a performance where the child is causing disturbance or annoyance to other patrons or performers.
It is strongly recommended that all unaccompanied children remain in the venue until they are collected at the end of the performance.
What time can we go in? What time does the show end?
Doors usually open between 30 minutes and 1 hour before the show starts.
Running times are only approximate, subject to change, and are usually only confirmed a few days before the show. Please check individual event listings for more information.
How much does a backstage pass cost?
Backstage passes are dealt with directly by a tour's promoter. Occasionally VIP or Meet and Greet packages are available to buy. This will be indicated when you select your seats.
Other than these packages, the venue has no influence, jurisdiction or control over obtaining backstage access.
*Calls to 0300 numbers are charged the same as a standard rate call
Sold out shows, reselling, and exchanges
If I buy a seated ticket, can I change to standing?
Once a ticket has been purchased, it cannot be exchanged or refunded.
Can I be added to a waiting list for sold out shows?
We operate a waiting list for people interested in purchasing tickets for an event which is sold out, since changes to event configurations or requirements often make additional seating available. Please phone our ticketing line to be added to a waiting list.
Your event has sold out, should I buy tickets via eBay/Gumtree/Viagogo etc.?
We cannot vouch for any tickets that have been bought, other than via an official agent. If a show cancels or changes date, we would not be able to contact you and any money would be refunded directly to the original customer.
Why are there tickets listed on eBay/Gumtree/Get Me In etc. when your event has sold out?
We do not list tickets on eBay, or other such reseller websites. These are listed by customers or ticket touts attempting to resell them, often for personal profit.
I bought tickets via eBay/Gumtree/Get Me In etc. Are they valid?
Only tickets which display the BH Live holographic logo or barcode on the front of the ticket will be valid.
However, we reserve the right to refuse entry to any patrons who we have reason to believe have acquired their tickets via an unauthorised agent. We cannot vouch for the validity or authenticity of any tickets purchased through an unauthorised re-seller.
I bought tickets via eBay/Gumtree/Get Me In etc. Can I pick them up from your Ticket Office?
No, please see above.
If I can't have a refund, can I sell my tickets on eBay/Gumtree/Get Me In, etc.?
We do not approve of the resale of our tickets by persons for monetary profit or other personal gain. We will suspend the use of our services to any customers who we have reason to believe are undertaking, or have undertaken, this practice. The tickets concerned will be invalidated.
We also offer Ticket Protection from Secure My Booking which you can claim against if you are unable to attend for a range of reasons. This must be purchased at the same time as booking your tickets. Please go to https://securemybooking.com/ to make a claim.
Fees and charges
Why do you charge fees?
Fees contribute towards the ongoing cost associated with providing ticketing services and technology for our venues. As a social enterprise, we invest these fees back into our business to improve services for our customers.
All ticket prices stated are inclusive of additional fees or charges.
Our transaction fee is added at the checkout and is applied once per transaction.
Cancelled and rescheduled events
Which shows have been cancelled or rescheduled?
Most shows are performing as schedule now however, some reschedules may still occur. We will endeavour to contact you in advance should this happen. See individual event pages for information on cancelled events or rescheduled dates
My show has been rescheduled – what should I do?
Your tickets will automatically be moved to the new date and original tickets will remain valid. You do not need to contact us.
My show has been cancelled – What should I do?
All affected customers will have the following options:
- Ticket Donation – you can choose to donate either your whole booking value or a nominal amount to the venue instead of claiming a refund. This allows us to keep us delivering a diverse programme and cultural experiences to our customers, now and in the future.
- Gift Voucher – we can issue your refund as a BH Live gift voucher which can then be used for any future performance on sale through BH Live Tickets.
- If you would prefer a refund, this will be processed back to your credit/debit card.
I took out ticket insurance for a show that has now cancelled. How does this affect me?
As per our terms and conditions, Ticket Protection, which is purchased as an additional item, is non-refundable. More information can be found at www.securemybooking.com
What if I didn’t give you an email address when I booked?
Please contact us to provide an email address.
I haven’t received an email for a rescheduled show.
Please check your junk folder and ensure that email@example.com is marked as a “safe sender” by your email service provider. If we do not have the most up-to-date email address, please log in to your account. Please note that if you bought your tickets from a ticketing agent, we will not have your contact details to advise you about show changes - you should contact the agent you booked with.
What if my tickets were a gift? Who will you contact?
For data protection reasons, we will only contact the person who made the original booking.
I have booked pre-show dining/VIP Lounge for a rescheduled show, is it still valid?
Any extras will also be moved and remain valid for the rescheduled performances.
I’ve got a group booking to make, is there anyone who can help me?
Yes, our Groups Manager is here to help with your group booking needs. To send a Group Booking enquiry, click here.
Is there a ticket discount for group bookings?
Not all shows have group discounts, but our Groups Manager is here to help with your group booking queries and requirements.
At Fairfield Halls we welcome everyone and want our site to be available to all. We are working hard to remove barriers so that our facilities and events can be accessible to as many people as possible.
As part of the transformation of Fairfield Halls we have put access at the heart of everything we plan. Our ticket desk, toilets, performance and exhibition spaces are accessible to all, as are the cafes, bars and restaurants across the venue.
- Automatic entry doors – push button or infrared
- Accessible toilets equipped with alarms
- Changing Places toilet available in the Arnhem Foyer including a hoist and changing bench
- Ashcroft Playhouse and Concert Hall both offer an Infrared Amplification System for people with hearing impairments
- Guide Dogs and Assistance Dogs are welcome in all our venues and water is available upon request
Find out what to expect when you visit Fairfield Halls. This presentation will help you prepare for the sights and sounds you will experience when you come to see a show.
Blue Badge Parking
There are 8 blue badge car parking spaces at the front of Fairfield Halls, these are allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
Step Free Access
There are lifts on the Southside and Northside of Fairfield Halls which enables step free access to all venues. The Concert Hall and Ashcroft Playhouse both have dedicated wheelchair spaces for patrons and their carer.
Customers with special seating or access requirements can join the BH Live Access Scheme, which enables us to provide the best possible service and seats for customers with accessibility needs.
It's free to join and if you receive PIP/DLA/Attendance Allowance, are in receipt of a Certificate of Visual Impairment or have an Access Card, you may be entitled to a reduction on your ticket price or a free personal assistant ticket.
You can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our booking line on 0300 500 0595*^
For your safety and enjoyment, we carefully manage the items that can be brought into the venue for an event. The list below includes examples of prohibited items, please note that this list is not exhaustive and other items may be refused at the point of entry.
• Glass, cans, aluminium bottles or thermoses of any kind including liquid products which can be consumed.
• Flammable liquids in any container
• Laser pens/pointers
• Video cameras, recording devices and professional cameras
• Laptop computers, tablet devices, Go Pro’s or tablets with filming and recording capabilities
• Large/golf/metal tipped umbrellas
• Knives or weapons of any kind
• Illegal drugs or substances
• Alcoholic beverages
• Signs, banners or flags on poles, staffs or selfie sticks
• Animals (except ADUK registered service dogs)
• Air horns, whistles, cowbells or other noise-making distractions
• Projectiles (frisbees, beach balls, footballs etc)
• Aerosol cans (hairspray, deodorant etc )
• Fireworks, confetti, glitter bombs or flares
• Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards
• Food and drinks
• Helmets and full face masks
• Large studs and chains
For your safety, we carefully manage the items that can be brought into the venue.
Bags are limited to one per person and be no larger than A4 size (35cm x 40cm x 19cm).
Larger bags are at the discretion of the venue and security team. There is a free to use cloakroom located in the main foyer .
I’ve emailed but haven’t had a reply
Our team are currently working Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and event days (2 hours prior to the event start time). As such, response times may take slightly longer than usual - we appreciate your understanding and patience.
I need assistance
For assistance with a query not covered in the help centre please submit a customer enquiry form.