Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 September 12pm – 6pm
Birds of Paradise Theatre Company present a new film installation featuring Portuguese dancer Diana Niepce, with Movement Director Rachel Drazek and Filmmaker Hugo Glendinning. It is through Diana’s willingness to uncover something both honest and new that we travelled together as a team. Orbits is a film about how we feel and what we experience when we lose something we have been in orbit or relationship with. How does this change affect our experience of ourselves? Orbits began as a collaboration between the artists in early 2021 during the pandemic and was filmed in Lisbon, December 2022. The film includes stunning original music by Scott Tynholm.
For more information click here.
For this event, the following access provision will be available:
● This is a film with no spoken text. There is a soundtrack of original music.
● The film is on a 40 minute loop and you can come and go as you wish.
● Information about the film will be available in written text and in BSL online via url or QR code.
● Audio Describers will be available across the festival to support with guiding and describing on an on-demand basis. To book time with a describer for this event, please email: email@example.com
● Roaming BSL Interpreters will be available across the festival. To book time with an interpreter for this event, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: this film does not contain any spoken dialogue.
● This is a relaxed screening.
● Step-free access is available throughout the venue.
● Accessible toilets are available.
● A Wellbeing Hub and breakout space is available inside the venue.