PRINCIPAL ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS TO TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY 7 JULY – DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
UK Productions and Fairfield Halls are on the hunt for local talent for this year’s enchanting pantomime Aladdin, which will play at the Ashcroft Theatre from 16 Dec 2023 – 07 Jan 2024.
Starring EastEnders’ Davood Ghadami as ‘Aladdin’, Milkshake! Favourite, Croydon local, and Brit School graduate Kiera-Nicole as ‘Princess Jasmine’ and panto favourite Charlie Guest as ‘Wishee Washee’, with further principal roles to be announced.
Auditions for the Principal Ensemble are taking place at Fairfield Halls on Friday 7 July from 5.30pm (Dancers to arrive at 5pm for a warm up). Dancers are sought who are aged 16 and older, have completed their GCSE’s, with a high standard of ballet and jazz, and who are available to start rehearsals from Monday 4 December 2023. These Principal Ensemble Dancers may be required to cover principal roles and must be available for the whole run from 16 December 2023 – 7 January 2024.
Auditionees must prepare and film a Disney song and a script which will be sent in advance, and also be prepared to sing on the day. Auditionees are asked to email email@example.com to register by Monday 3rd July. Good luck!
Damian Sandys, Artistic Producer and General Manager, said “We’re so excited to discover what talent Croydon has – our pantomime at Fairfield Halls is always designed with the Croydon community in mind, and so we can’t wait to work with the brilliant young people of the area.”
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA: -
- Role: Ensemble Dancers who may be required to cover principal roles.
- MUST be aged 16 or over (Over licensing Age andcompleted GCSE’s) Please check Time off college/work is allowed before audition.
- A high standard of both ballet and jazz is required.
- Dancers will be taught a routine on the day
- Students must be available to start rehearsals from Monday 4th December 2023, (two weeks full rehearsals- no time off will be allowed) and be available for the full schedule of performances from Saturday 16th December – Sunday 7th January 2024 Inclusive. First week of rehearsals 10am – 6pm including Saturday, 2nd week (production week) – rehearsals between the hours of 10am – 10pm.
- Please prepare and film: a Disney song, and script which we will send to you, to be emailed to us ahead of the audition, also be prepared to sing if asked on the day - bring backing track on iPod/iPhone/MP3
Please do not turn up on the day if you have not registered.